Where did the time go? What an action packed year for The Twelfth Year. I’m continually reminded how blessed I am to be able to do what I do. It’s always been about supporting and elevating this industry. With the year almost coming to an end, The Twelfth Year wants to showcase the TOP 25 Up & Coming Senior Photographers for 2016! I’m excited to see what you have been working on this past year.
The contest will run from October 17 – November 16, 2016 (deadline is November 16, 2016 at 12:00 midnight PST.) Winners will be announced on our blog on December 31st. A special “The Twelfth Year Magazine” will feature all winners and be available to purchase in print.
Please be sure to read all submission guidelines, rules and details before entering.
1. Each business may submit up to 10 images total. (3 images $10, 5 images $15, 10 images $20)
1. All images should be high/full resolution images and not bare any logos. Images should be saved as your business name and image number for each entry. Example: photographybygalicia1.jpg, photographybygalicia2.jpg etc.
2. All images must be placed in a folder and DROPBOX to email@example.com (Dropbox.com is free to use)
3. Your DROPBOX folder should be named TOP 25 2016 Your business name. (Example: TOP 25 2016 Photography by Galicia)
4. All images must be in color. You may submit landscape or portrait images. No black and white images.
5. Images submitted may be from different sessions and include single or groups shots.
6. A word document must be included in your DROPBOX folder. It should include the following information: Name of Business, Name, Address, Email, Website, Facebook link, Instagram Link, the year you started focusing on high school seniors. Also include a short 200 word or less biography about yourself and your business. The biography will be included in the publication if you are chosen.
7. Please include Model Releases of all images submitted for the contest in the DROPBOX folder (scanned or photo image).
8. If you business name is different than your Paypal name, please make note of your business name in the message area when submitting your payment.
Entry Rules & Details:
You may only submit up to 10 images (max) per business name.
Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be automatically disqualified and no refunds given.
Do not submit images taken from a workshop or mentor session.
Images submitted must be exclusive to The Top 25 Up & Coming Senior Photographers of 2016 contest and may not be submitted any where else for at least a year.
Images must be of a 2016 or 2017 senior.
Photographers focusing on high school seniors (exclusively) 3 years or less are able to participate.
Images submitted will be judged and awarded points based on certain criteria and receive an overall score per photographer. Once judging is complete and the TOP 25 is revealed, you may inquire on your own overall score by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The contest will showcase 10 “Honorable Mentions”. These will be images that received a perfect score however not from the Top 25 list.
All decisions are final.
The TOP 25 Up & Coming Senior Photographers of 2016 will be revealed on December 31, 2016
Each finalist will receive a digital magazine spread and “TOP 25” button to share on social media.
$10 – 3 images | $15 – 5 images | $20 – 10 images
(Max 10 images may be submitted per business name)