Writing emails can be a time sucking task. I don’t know about you, we all ready have a lot to do on our plate. So the last thing we want to do is write another email.
One of the biggest complaints I hear from photographers is not responding to emails from potential clients in a timely manner.
Well, no more time sucking task of writing the same email over and over again. You’ve got to set up canned responses. What are canned responses you ask? They are predetermined responses that can be inserted into an email rather than the old copy and paste method.
Yeah, I know. I started crying happy tears when I heard about “canned responses”.
I recommend having some templates written out. Here are the top 5 I highly recommend that you have one hand.
* Inquiry email – with links to your online magazine, pricing and eye candy (example of your work).
* Welcome email – with everything you can think of to help your new clients feel welcomed.
* Reminder email – when clients forget to do something.
* Request for client feedback email – you want those testimonials right?
* Genre specific emails – even though I work mainly with high school seniors, I occasionally offer other types of photography services.
So, here you go! A tutorial on how to get set up with “canned responses” in Gmail. This tutorial is literally less than 4 minutes long. It will take you less than 2 minutes to get one set up.
No over to you. Share in the comments. Do you have email templates ready for your business? What other types of emails are you using for “canned responses”? 📥